- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stages
- KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
32.5 hours per week, Directed Time.
- Contract type
- Fixed term (1st January 2022 - 31st July 2022)
- £25,714 - £41,604
Rye Community Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher to join our highly-motivated team. The class will consist of pupils from years 3 and 4. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all pupils to experience an exceptional education. We want every child to grow and flourish in our care.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher to pupils of all abilities in key stage 1 and 2;
• Have a working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, policies and practices;
• Have a love of learning and ability to convey this to pupils;
• Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
• Have good communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team;
• Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
• Be committed to continuing professional learning;
• Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
• Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
• A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
• A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
• A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
• A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the pupils’ life chances;
• A school in which the pupils are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our school prior to application.
Rye Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the Foundation.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 302 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
About Rye Community Primary School
Rye Community Primary School is a place where learners feel safe, cared for and have space to learn. We pride ourselves on being a closely knit community where children are known as individuals and their talents are nurtured and celebrated.
We also pride ourselves on meeting the needs of every child – we see it as our role to unlock the diverse abilities and talents found in each pupil regardless of ability, background or need. Through an imaginative and vibrant curriculum, we provide a gateway for learning which challenges everyone to ‘Dream, Believe, Achieve’ from the outset. We want to inspire and excite – creating a love of learning which will serve our children well throughout their educational journey.
Since November 2018, Rye Community Primary School and Pugwash Nursery have been part of Aquinas - an educational trust of eleven schools in the south-east. We believe our pupils will benefit enormously from our shared ambition to excel. We are proud to be working together with Aquinas to build on our reputation for supporting children in realising their potential and going on to lead fruitful and productive lives.
In your application, please outline why you would like to join Rye Community Primary School, how you meet the person specification and what might make you our first-choice candidate. We value honesty.
Arranging a visit to Rye Community Primary School
We are happy to welcome prospective candidates to the school for an informal visit prior to interview.
Please contact Matt Robins, HR Advisor by calling 01797 222545 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.