Grade: MPS (M1 – M6)
Fixed term until 19 August 2024
Working: Monday to Friday (32.5 hours)
We are looking for a highly motivated person with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences, making a difference to the lives of all our children. You must be a hardworking and supportive team member, with a clear understanding of how children learn and the ability to plan for effective and high-quality teaching and learning.
Why Choose Sileby Redlands Community Primary School?
At Redlands we believe in putting the children at the heart of everything that we do and this includes providing the children with a creative curriculum that is both exciting and inspiring. Our children have their learning brought to life by carefully planned opportunities that enthuse, engage and motivate our children to want to find out more. It is the aim of the staff and governors at Redlands to ensure that all our children are happy and enjoy their time at school. We like to promote an environment in which every child has the potential to do their very best and be recognised for all their achievements. We have close links with our community and believe in working together to inspire the children to be proud of the place in which they live. Our parents are fantastic and work hard to support the school and we are a school that is very much at the centre of the village of Sileby.
What Makes Discovery Different:
- To ensure our teaching staff get the time and space to learn, we have launched – Teacher Development Time (TDT).
- By embracing technology, we’re able to deliver virtual lessons, allowing teachers to be released from their class each week, to focus on their own learning and development.
- In addition to their TDT, teachers also work alongside a coach, to ensure they have someone to discuss their learning with and help identify their strengths and areas for development.
- Feedback from teachers shows that they are overwhelmingly happy with their development time and the time they spend with their coach.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Willingness to be fully involved the life of the school community
- A commitment to supporting and enhancing our school’s ethos and vision
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust:
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.