Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Are you the skilled and aspirational teacher we are looking for to join our dedicated learning community on its journey towards outstanding outcomes for all?
We are seeking to appoint an upper KS2 Classroom Teacher to commence post from 1 September 2021. However, there can be some flexibility regarding this for the right candidate. This is a permanent position.
We require a teacher of high calibre who will contribute positively to the further development and success of our school.
We are looking for someone who:
• has creativity, enthusiasm and resourcefulness as their superpower.
• is passionate about learning and has a proven track record in raising pupil achievement.
• has high expectations of the children in their class.
• insists that learning should be fun.
• is committed to teaching using a creative, cross-curricular thematic approach.
• has excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• is able to work effectively as part of a team on whole school issues and share good practice
• puts the children’s needs at the heart of all they do.
• has an abundance of energy, a fabulous sense of humour and the ability to inspire children to learn.
We can offer a supportive, hard-working and friendly team of staff and governors; happy, well-motivated and well-behaved children and a commitment to your professional development.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
320 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About St Bartholomew's Primary Academy
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
At St Bartholomew's, our mission is to provide the best education for each individual child within a Christian environment. We will do this by providing a firm spiritual foundation, based on Christian values, beliefs and principles, and by equipping all pupils with the skills and enthusiasm for learning which will serve them throughout their school lives and beyond.
To provide a safe and secure, caring and happy, welcoming, innovative and inspiring environment, with an enriched curriculum, where children will recognise and achieve their fullest potential, enabling them to grow as responsible citizens.
Our vision is that children will leave our school with:
• A set of spiritual and Christian values - honesty, integrity and responsibility.
• A variety of basic skills - linguistic, mathematical, scientific, artistic, physical and social.
• An enquiring and discriminating mind with a desire for knowledge and a life-long love of learning.
• Strong self-esteem and high personal expectations
• Understanding and respect for others.
We value the partnership that exists between school, parents, church and community and the part that it plays in realising this vision.
At St Bartholomew’s Primary Academy, we value all people, from the very young to the very old. Our Collective Worship and RE lessons develop in our children a set of Christian values and an understanding and meaning of faith.
Through our school mission, vision, ethos, agreed rules, and principles and through our curriculum and in all that we say and do, we promote positive, kind and caring relationships and value such skills as the ability to listen, communicate, recognise and respond to the needs and feelings of others, as well as trying to understand each other’s behaviour, offering forgiveness and reconciliation when things go wrong.
We value diversity and encourage an understanding and respect for people of different faith and of no faith. We recognise, support and celebrate different cultures and lifestyles. Our curriculum promotes ‘British’ values of ‘democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths’ and provides opportunities for children to experience and reflect on the work, worth and worship of our school and its community. We actively challenge children and adults whose views are ‘extreme’ and at odds with our fundamental Christian and British values.
We value hard work, perseverance, cooperation, honesty, courage, and through our words actions and influence, offer our school community inspiring and enriching experiences which prepares them for the next stage of their lives and enables them to make a positive contribution to their school, the wider community and prepares them for life in modern Britain. St Bartholomew’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Arranging a visit to St Bartholomew's Primary Academy
If you would like further information about this exciting role or to arrange a visit, please contact Kim Jones, Administration Officer at St Bartholomew’s –email@example.com