Classroom Teacher Year 1 (maternity cover)
Contract Term: Full time
Salary: £24,373 - £40,490 (MPS/UPS)
Job Starts: March 2020
Closing date: 6 December 2019
We are a vibrant, inclusive, friendly and happy Catholic school based in the beautiful Georgian Market Town of Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire. We welcome staff and pupils from faith or no faith backgrounds – everyone is valued and everyone is respected.
Are you an enthusiastic and energetic Classroom Teacher with the ability to motivate and challenge pupils? If so, we would love you to come and work with us. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes Holy Trinity such a special place to work.
The successful candidate will:
• be an outstanding and inspirational teacher
• have a passionate commitment to high quality teaching and learning and a clear understanding of the primary curriculum
• be committed to encouraging all children to achieve high standards
• have energy, initiative and enthusiasm
• be keen to develop and learn with and from others
• show commitment to the Catholic ethos of the school
In return we can offer you:
• a caring, friendly working environment inspired by a strong Catholic ethos
• happy, well behaved and considerate children
• a strong commitment to your continued professional development
Applications are welcomed from newly qualified and experienced Classroom Teachers.
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
All applications must be received by Human Resources by 9.00 am, Friday 6 December 2019.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 12 December 2019.
Please send completed application packs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Lady of Lourdes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, you will undertake pre-employment checks which will include a Disclosure and Baring Service check.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
- Have high expectations of all students and a commitment to raising their educational achievement
- Knows and understands relevant National Curriculum Programmes of Study
- Uses a range of monitoring and assessment strategies and uses this information to improve own planning and teaching
- Identifies and supports the more able, those failing to achieve potential and those with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties
Continuing professional development
About Holy Trinity Catholic Voluntary Academy
Welcome to Holy Trinity Catholic Voluntary Academy. We welcome all children and families from faith or no faith backgrounds, providing a rich educational experience, rooted in our Catholic ethos within a caring and nurturing environment. Important to us are our family values and our welcoming and happy community where all children can flourish to become everything that they were created to be. This is lived out on a daily basis through our school mission, ‘In every child there is a space that only God can fill.’ We know that life is precious and that every second counts in a child’s development. From the time your child joins us until the time they leave, the whole team at Holy Trinity are committed to doing their very best for your child. We pride ourselves on having high expectations, in work and play, and ensuring that all pupils are proud of being the best they can be. We love to celebrate successes and consider this to be the highlight of any week. All of our children and families play a vital part of the school community, together with staff, governors and parishioners from Holy Trinity Church; and we work together in close partnership to ensure that all children have the very best start to their school life and are well prepared for the next stage in their academic learning. Please visit our website or arrange a visit to our school – we look forward to welcoming you to Holy Trinity!
- Boundary Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 4AU
- Holy Trinity Catholic Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)