|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Inner London Pay Scales|
A detailed job description for this post is available on the school's career site, however the key teaching and learning responsibilities include:
● Being an effective and professional class teacher by demonstrating good practice in:
● Planning for effective and enjoyable learning through identifying clear teaching and learning objectives and activities appropriate to the subject matter and the children being taught.
● Providing clear structures for lessons and for the sequences of lesson, which ensure progression, pace and challenge.
● Assessing and recording children’s progress systematically with reference to the school’s agreed practice and use this to inform planning.
● Marking and monitoring work, providing constructive feedback and setting targets for future progress.
● Using teaching methods which sustain the momentum of children’s work and keep all children engaged, maintaining a purposeful working atmosphere.
● Having high expectations for all children regardless of their current attainment.
● Setting high expectations for children’s behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline.
● Establishing a safe environment where respect and positive relationships flourish.
● Creating a stimulating and interesting learning environment where curiosity, questioning and exploration are encouraged.
● Creating opportunities for co-operative working and for developing independence.
● Providing for all children ensuring a highly differentiated curriculum which allows access and challenge for all from their specific starting points.
● Providing regular differentiated homework tasks linked to class work.
Applying for the job
To apply, please complete our electronic application on our career site.More on how to apply
|Education phase||Primary, Secondary, 16-19|
|School size||1728 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Dunraven School website (opens in a new window)|
About Dunraven School
Dunraven is a 4-18, All Through School, recently designated as a National Teaching School which recognises the effort that the school team puts in to making lessons enjoyable and effective for our young people. Equally, the visit of OFSTED in October 2014 which judged Dunraven as ‘outstanding’ in every category was an important public marker of our on-going journey to achieve ‘Excellence for All’.
94-98 Leigham Court Road, LONDON, SW16 2QB