Braunstone Community Primary School
Grade 2 Pay Point 2 (£22,193 FTE)
10 hours per week (2 hours per day, 15:15 to 17:15pm) , 39 weeks per year (10 hours worked in the holidays)
Please see attached: Job Description/Person Specification, Braunstone Recruitment Pack and Advert.
Braunstone Community Primary School are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, inspiring and highly motivated cleaner to ensure the hygiene, health and safety conduct of pupils and staff in the school, including safeguarding.
Why choose Braunstone Community Primary School?
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out cleaning duties as required, including sweeping, dusting, wall washing, toilet cleaning, mopping and use of vacuum cleaners.
- Use approved cleaning materials in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH Regulations. (Chemicals should NEVER be mixed with other chemicals).
- To be aware of their responsibilities for the Health & Safety of themselves and others and comply with Health and Safety legislation, School Policy and good health and safety working practices in relation to the use of the school premises and grounds and own duties and responsibilities.
- Use electrical and mechanical equipment, floor polishers, etc when necessary and after appropriate training.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Ability to follow and understand instruction and relevant procedures.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Equal Opportunities, and the ability to apply this to strategic work and day-to-day situations
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
While we acknowledge the advantages of AI in crafting personal statements for applications, we strongly encourage and expect applicants to personalise and tailor responses. Please note that the Trust may utilise AI checking solutions during the application review process and will be considered when shortlisting.
This job post has expired.