Harnham Infant School is looking to recruit friendly and caring cleaners who
enjoy working with children.
“Enjoy, explore and learn” is our motto, which encompasses our day to day
values. Harnham Infant School is a
vibrant, friendly learning community, where everyone is valued; with
well-motivated children who are enthusiastic to learn and dedicated adults who
enable them to do their best.
The successful candidate will need to be a good time keeper and be confident when dealing with children.
They will also need to be a good communicator, a team player and willing
to undertake first aid.
The main roles include:
1. To carry out cleaning tasks set out in the school’s cleaning schedule.
2. To use all cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and proper manner in accordance with
any instructions and specifications provided.
3. To report the breakdown of any cleaning equipment or any perceived hazards in the
workplace to the Head Teacher (or other nominated supervisor)
4. To observe health and safety and security requirements.
5. To complete any appropriate records or documentation required by the Head Teacher.
6. To maintain good working relationships with other school staff and to co-operate with
reasonable changes to daily work routines to assist the smooth operation of the school.
7. To ensure that work undertaken complies with stated requirements and undertake appropriate
training, as required.
Due to the nature of the position for which you are applying, and to ensure your suitability for this type of work, you will be required to apply for a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service if you are successful in your application. This application will be made before your appointment is confirmed. Disclosure will contain details of formal cautions, reprimands and final warnings, as well as convictions. The school will arrange for the disclosure on your behalf and will pay the necessary fee. Having a criminal conviction will not automatically exclude you from employment. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of the offence committed.
This job post has expired.