- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
15 hours per week over 5 days, 41 weeks per year
- Contract type
- £9.43 per hour
The Link Academy Trust is looking to appoint a Cleaner to work alongside our existing cleaning team based at Moretonhampstead Primary School. You will need to be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and hard-working individual who can assist our current cleaner in providing a high quality service for our busy school.
The job will involve working efficiently in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness within classrooms, school hall, corridors, offices and toilets. This is a permanent position of 15 hours per week, 3 hours per day for 41 weeks per year. The usual hours are 3.30pm – 6.30pm, but some flexibility can be discussed at interview if required.
• To undertake regular cleaning duties in a specified area which may include classrooms, school hall, corridors, WCs and offices
• To undertake additional cleaning in other areas during periods of sickness or planned holiday absence
• To ensure that Health & Safety regulations are complied with
• To undertake cleaning of staff toilets (pans and basins) replenishing stocks of toilet paper/hand towels and soap, and ensuring that they are left in a tidy condition on daily basis
• To ensure that all litter is removed from the building daily and disposed of
• To carry out a more extensive clean during the Easter and Summer holiday periods including washing walls and high level areas, moving and cleaning furniture and blinds, light fittings etc.
• To ensure that all rooms are returned to the correct layout after cleaning
• To report faulty equipment, broken furniture, damage to the fabric of the building or any issue relating to security to the Academy Head
• To lock all doors, close windows and switch off lights in each room after cleaning
• To lock school and set alarm if you are the last member of staff in the building
Ideally, you will:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a school or commercial environment;
- Be able to build good relationships with staff and be a friendly and positive presence in our school;
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Applying for the job
Completed applications should be emailed to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.