We looking for an exceptional Evening Cleaner to come and join the team here at Parkwood E-ACT Academy. The purpose of this role is to provide and maintain a high quality cleaning service which meets the needs of the Academies
- Responsible for ensuring your designated area is cleaned to the required standard
- Carry out the full range of cleaning duties including washing, sweeping, vacuuming, emptying litter bins, polishing, cleaning walls, dusting and polishing in designated areas which may include toilets and associated facilities
- Effective use of appropriate equipment and products
- Maintain stocks of cleaning materials in a safe environment
- Adhere to all agreed Health and Safety policies, COSHH regulations and procedures
- Support the Cleaning Supervisor with Health and Safety inspections
- Report anyaccidents, incidents, buildingdefects,damage, bad practice or Health and Safety issuestothe Cleaning Supervisor
16 hours per week, all year round.
SCP 1-2 £7927 - £8006 (FTE: £18,333 - £18,516)
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Parkwood E-ACT Academy -Come join our team
We are a forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Our Trust offers:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Find out more about E-ACT:www.e-act.org.uk
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.