Sirius Academy West, Hull
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||£0,.00 to £0,.00 per year (full-time equivalent)|
£9.00 per hour.
*Please note this a rolling vacancy. Please apply anytime up until 31st March 2020*
Main Purpose of the Post:
• To provide and maintain effective and efficient cleaning service in specified areas of the Academy premises.
• Operate and use domestic and industrial cleaning equipment and materials.
• Manage and maintain equipment and storage areas in a clean and safe condition.
• Replenish hygiene requisites when necessary.
• Inform Academy Site Staff, or other designated person, of faults, damage and vandalism or any issue that may restrict the cleaning process.
• Secure and close internal doors and windows when necessary.
• Undertake general cleaning duties to the fixtures, fittings and internal fabric of the building which may include:
• Emptying bins and removing waste to a designated area.
• Mopping; sweeping; spray cleaning; machine scrubbing and drying; buffing; suction cleaning; wall washing; window cleaning; dusting; damp wiping; washing; polishing; and sanitary appliance cleaning.
• Undertake specialist cleaning tasks which may include:
• Carpet cleaning; upholstery cleaning; removal of stains; chewing gum and graffiti; stripping and dressing/sealing floors; and descaling sanitary appliances.
• The above responsibilities are not exhaustive and are intended to describe the general nature of the role. Subsequently, the responsibilities may change or vary over time depending on the needs of the Multi Academy Trust; however, this will not change the character of the job or level of responsibility.
• The above responsibilities may involve having access to information of a confidential nature which may be covered by the Data Protection Act (1998). Consequently, confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
• The post holder must promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunity Employment Policy.
• The post holder must be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and child protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• The Health and Safety Work Act (1974) and other associated legislation places responsibilities for Health and Safety on all employees. Therefore, it is the post holder’s responsibility to take reasonable care for the Health, Safety and Welfare of him or herself. Specific details are outlined in the Multi Academy Trust’s Health and Safety Policy.
• Where the post holder is disabled, every effort will be made to supply all the necessary employment aids, equipment or adaptations to enable him or her to perform the full duties of the jobs. If, however, a certain task proves to be unachievable, re-evaluation of the task will be given full consideration.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Respond to on the spot incidents requiring immediate attention/decisions on and off the Academy premises and/or without direct contact with a Senior Member of Academy Staff.
• Efficient and effective organisation and prioritisation skills over a range of activities.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to relate to staff on all levels.
• Able to work as part of a team and work independently.
• Able to use initiative to identify, prioritise and respond to issues that arise – problem solving on a daily basis.
• Efficient and effective written skills.
• Have a flexible approach to work; may be required to alter hours to meet the operational needs of the Academy.
• Have an accurate and organised approach to work with an ability to meet deadlines.
• Able to respond appropriately when necessary and advise on relevant issues.
|School size||1520 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Sirius Academy West website (opens in a new window)|
About Sirius Academy West
We are forward thinking, innovative and dynamic in our approach to teaching and learning. The Academy is a vibrant community that offers a wealth of opportunities for students and staff.
Sirius Academy West is situated in a state-of-the-art £48m facility with a superb sports hall, dance studio, art terrace, super labs and transformational learning zones. If you seek a new challenge and want to be part of a first class team, come and join us.
296 Anlaby Park Road South, Hull, HU4 7JB