- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Fixed term (Fixed term to July 2022 with the possibility of extension )
- Scale 5 £19505 (FTE) or 6 £19895 (FTE) depending on experience
Communication and Language Teaching Assistant job summary
Are you looking for a new opportunity?
Swaffham Primary Academy has an exciting and unique opportunity for a pro-active, driven Teaching Assistant to work with our pupils across both Key Stages to support their communication and language development.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who has experience of and can drive forward phonics, reading, comprehension and oracy skills.
Are you determined to have an impact?
At Swaffham Primary Academy we want to hear from you if you understand the importance of developing and embedding communication and language skills.
We would like to hear from you if you hold the same values as we do, believing every child can shine, with high expectations for every child to succeed in the development and success of their early reading, phonics, comprehension and oracy skills.
This is the position for you if you have the drive to inspire pupils to want to learn and you can develop their resilience in order to fill any gaps from lost learning.
Under the direction of the SENDCo and Class teachers, the successful candidate would work both in and out of the classroom to support pupils make rapid progress with their written English, reading and comprehension as well as early phonics skills.
Swaffham Primary Academy are looking for someone to join our growing school, who can:
● Be a forward thinking TA with the willingness to learn, adapt and be flexible to meet the needs of all learners
● Support in social, emotional and language needs
● Support whole classes, lead small group work and one to one learning activities, as directed
● Follow direction of the class teacher to meet the needs of all learners
● Follow direction from the SENDCo and in collaboration adapt provision for SEND pupils to access the curriculum
● Promote inclusion and acceptance of pupils while encouraging constructive relationships within the classroom
● Under the guidance and direction of the class teacher, promote positive relationships with parents/carers
● Undertake structured and agreed learning activities, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
● Support the needs of all learners to access the curriculum and make progress, under the direction of the class teacher
● Have the ability to be independent and work as part of a team
● Hold mental health of high importance at the very heart of all they do
● Manage behaviour effectively in line with our behaviour policy
● Communicate effectively with staff and pupils
● Knowledge of working with Pixl assessments and/or therapies
● Experience of working with phonics
● Experience and knowledge of working with communication and language needs
● Experience of working with pupils with SEND
● Confident and knowledgeable working with technology to support learning
We can offer:
● a friendly, welcoming, enthusiastic and committed staff team
● fantastic children who are keen to learn
● commitment to CPD and professional development with opportunities across the Trust
● the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment both within the academy and also as part of the DNEAT family of schools which includes 23 other Primary schools
● a happy and positive working environment with a focus on mental health
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Swaffham CofE Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 218 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Swaffham Church of England Primary Academy is part of the Diocese of Norwich Educational and Academies Trust (DNEAT). We are a friendly school situated in the growing market town of Swaffham and have recently converted from a Junior School to a Primary. Our first Reception Cohort started in September 2020 in a brand new Early Years facility lead by our newly appointed Assistant Headteacher and from September 2021 we will have classes in Reception, Year 1, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6. The following September (2022) will see us with classes in all year groups. This is a very exciting time for us as our school grows.
Arranging a visit to Swaffham CofE Primary Academy
Please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01760 721831 to arrange to visit our school.