Communications Assistant for Specialist Resource Provision
9 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
11 June 2023 at 11:59pm
23 May 2023
- Higher level teaching assistant
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- Grade 5, £26,420 - £28,860 per annum pro rata
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Previous experience working with children with SLCN and Autism is desirable but not essential.
- A patient, empathetic, and caring approach when working with children
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Report on student progress to Lead Teacher, SENCo or Speech and Language Therapist.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
What the school offers its staff
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled individual to take on the role of Communications Assistant for Specialist Resource Provision. The successful candidate will have a passion for helping children achieve their full potential in a team which values creativity, innovation and commitment, focusing on enabling children to learn well in engaging ways.
Avanti Grange Secondary School opened in September 2022 on the site of our new primary school, Avanti Meadows, before moving to a new, permanent site in September 2023. The school opened with 4 forms of entry (120 Year 7 students only) in September 2022 rising to 6 form of entry (180 Year 7 students) from September 2023.One of the many things that makes Avanti Grange Secondary School distinctive is its values-based approach to education. We encourage students to value self, others and the environment and empower them to be effective learners as well as good and responsible citizens. The school offers a broad, balanced and extensive curriculum as well as a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities. We will develop resilient, communicative, and organised young people, the leaders of the future with drive and initiative. We are in the process of recruiting exceptional staff who will provide first-class teaching and support to help our students make outstanding progress. We will set high expectations in all areas, from effort in learning and extra-curricular activities, to how students present themselves and take pride in their work, because anything less is not good enough. Success will be available to every pupil who is prepared to work hard for it, to be resilient when things are difficult, and to embrace the support of those around them. We will seek to create an environment where we can all live and thrive together, where the conditions for growth are ideal
Further details about the role
What will you do?
- Work with children with SLCN and Autism, providing support and interventions as directed by the school's SENCo, Lead Teacher or Speech and Language Therapist, using evidence-based intervention and strategies.
- Develop and implement individual and group intervention plans, following guidance from the Lead Teacher, SENCo or Speech and Language Therapist.
- Help to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes the social, emotional, and academic development of all students in the SRP.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of resources and equipment needed for teaching and learning in the SRP.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Avanti Grange Secondary School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 1200 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Avanti Grange is a school that is committed to giving all children an engaging and enriching educational experience. We provide a richly diverse and connected school environment, representative of the world that our pupils will enter. Our pupils mature into individuals who are ambitious, open-minded and confident. Along with our academic pathway, we also take care to support individual character formation and spiritual insight through The Avanti Way. Each pupil at our school is celebrated for their individual talents. For our pupils’, school is about exploring strengths and developing academic and personal skills that will ensure that every child is well prepared for the quickly changing world that awaits them. It is our promise that we will create an environment of challenge, enjoyment and collaboration, both within our school and throughout the Avanti Schools Trust and beyond. Avanti Schools support each person’s life journey along three parallel paths: Educational excellence; Character formation; and Spiritual insight. Avanti’s unique ethos places a key emphasis on each individual’s wellbeing and good mental health. Children with higher levels of emotional, behavioural, social, and school wellbeing, on average, have higher levels of academic achievement and are more engaged in the school community. All our schools share a dedicated approach to wellbeing, from providing yoga and mindfulness sessions, sports and exercise, charity work, and working with parents and carers as co-educators.
Arranging a visit to Avanti Grange Secondary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Herefordshire, County Of