Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We are seeking to appoint a teacher who:
• Is outstanding and has a real passion to be able to communicate a vision for the future of Computer/ICT/Business Studies
• Can support the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies within the ICT/Business Studies Department.
• Data and evidence-focused with excellent attention to detail.
• Creative approach to inspiring students and delivering effective interventions
• Experience in challenging high potential students
• Has in-depth knowledge of Python plus at least one other programming language would be preferable
• Is extremely knowledgeable in ICT/Business Studies and has a real enthusiasm for their subject with experience of delivering excellent results
• Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback
• Has a passion for inspiring Enterprise within young people and a track record of Enterprise schemes
• Believes that ICT plays an important role in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding
• Is able to instill in students a love of ICT/Business
• Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live.
• Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence
• Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation
Applying for the job
Candidates to use the uploaded application form. CV's will not be accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
1113 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About The Burton Borough School
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Comprehensive School of 1157 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. We were awarded the Gold Mental Health Award from the Carnegie School of Mental Health in April 2019 and are the first school in England to be recognised by Public Health England for the work we do in this area. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
Arranging a visit to The Burton Borough School
School visits are available:
Wednesday 31st March at 12.35pm,
Tuesday 20th April at 12.35pm
Wednesday 21st April at 3.30pm.
Face masks must be worn at all times whilst in school