Computer Science Teacher
We wish to appoint a colleague to join our staff and who will contribute to the continuing success of our students and who has the desire to work in a Leading Edge school.
Relationships are critical to our success and to our future. We aim to empower our staff and to allow them to work collegially and build professional relationships with students thereby creating excellent learning environments.
We have a history of excellence and are a high-performing school. Our Progress 8 measure is significantly above that for boys nationally. At GCSE, students make excellent progress in all measures. We value highly the dedicated curriculum time in Key Stage 3 for students to focus on digital literacy, IT and computer science. At Key Stage 4 we continue to offer a vocational IT accredited course which is growing on popularity, alongside the computer science course. We have large numbers of students in the Sixth Form studying both GCE and vocational computing and IT related courses. Girls join our highly successful Sixth Form and many students further their studies at university.
Across the school, students benefit from our insistence on: high standards and achievement, an exceptional range of extra-curricular activities and the focus on traditional values. The school is in a period of growth, hence the need for this post. We are looking for a colleague that aspires to be part of a great team of staff and who will enjoy learning about the ‘Isleworth & Syon Way’, our unique strategy of ensuring success for all students.
We are an extremely popular boys’ school with a mixed Sixth Form, situated in a tree-lined neighbourhood of Isleworth, a vibrant area of West London. Close to Osterley Park and a short hop from central London by tube or rail, there is easy access to the M3, M4 and Heathrow Airport.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level qualification.
Preferably a good A Level qualification (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject.
Degree level qualification.
Post Graduate qualification e.g. PGCE.
Essential skills and experience
NQTs and experienced teachers are encouraged to apply for this post.
• Dynamic, innovative and supportive colleagues with “outstanding” student behaviour.
• A school ethos which encourages and insists on students being polite and courteous.
• A supportive PTA and parent body, and a high quality body of governors, several of whom
work in education.
• A full and bespoke induction programme.
• An on-going professional development programme with an individual CPD allowance.
• A highly-subsidised MA in Education delivered by St. Mary’s University, Twickenham
• Involvement in national staff development programmes.
• The opportunity to work with a range of leading external partnerships.
• Being part of a Leading Edge School
• Membership of the International Boys’ Schools Coalition.
• A founding and partner school in the Challenge Partnership.
• A supportive consortium of local secondary schools which facilitates co-educational teaching
• Working within a highly effective Education Improvement Partnership.
• State of the art touchscreen classroom technology and a laptop.
• Free annual flu-jab.
• A subsidised ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
• A chef-led canteen service.
• Staff sports sessions and a staff badminton club.
• The Isleworthians Association (the former students’ network).
• Excellent transport links to the West End and Heathrow.
• Working in a conservation area in Osterley, West London with both Osterley Park and Syon
Park within walking distance.
About Isleworth and Syon School for Boys
We are an 11-18 boys' school with a mixed sixth form.
- Ridgeway Road, Isleworth, TW7 5LJ
- Isleworth and Syon School for Boys website (opens in a new window)