As a new school within a highly aspirational and academically successful multi-academy Trust, Ada Lovelace CE High School offers comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for its teachers. The school, now in its second year, is currently co-located at William Perkin CE High School (Ofsted ‘Outstanding’), and moves to its brand new permanent site in north Ealing in September 2020.
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic teacher as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2023). Our oldest Year group will start Year 9 in September 2020 so this post is ideally suited to a teacher who is passionate about curriculum design and development, especially at KS4. The post-holder will be joining an innovative, ambitious and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
Ada Lovelace is named after the Victorian pioneer of computing – it has a specialism in digital technologies and will provide different routes from Year 7 to Year 13 in ICT and Computer Science as well as having a digital focus on the Arts and Creative Media. Ada Lovelace will use its Digital specialism to promote innovate approaches to teaching and learning using computation thinking processes across the curriculum to develop agile, confident problem solvers and effective decision makers. We will use the story of Ada Lovelace to make exciting employer links to deliver an ambitious employer and work related experience programme. Links are being developed to partner with forward thinking Universities to provide pathways for our students onto Digital and Creative undergraduate courses.
Essential educational requirements
A good degree
QTS (or working towards this)
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach Computing to at least KS4
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to the ethos of the school
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive Leadership Team
• Opportunity to gain experience within four different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
About Ada Lovelace Church of England High School
- Oldfield Lane North, Greenford, UB6 8PR
- Free School
- Ada Lovelace Church of England High School website (opens in a new window)