This job expired on 23 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible, subject to pre-employment checks
23 April 2023 at 11:59pm
23 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week: 7.00am – 3.00pm Monday to Thursday & 7.30am – 3.00pm on Friday
Full-time equivalent salary
- £23,620 - £25,409 SCP 10 - 14 (FTE)
- Grade E
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a reliable and enthusiastic individual to the post of Cook Supervisor, to join our hard-working team here at Littleover Community School. The successful candidate should able to use their own initiative but also able to work well as part of a team of approximately 15, consisting of the Caterer in Charge, Cook, Assistant Cook and Kitchen Assistants.
The person appointed to this position will support the Caterer in Charge in the supervision of staff and deputise for the Caterer in Charge, when absent. We are looking for candidates who:
1. Are able to devise and plan menus in accordance with nutritional standards, considering dietary needs, cultural and religious backgrounds, and food allergies.
2. Have experience cooking, transferring and serving of breakfast and main meals for 1200+ students and staff.
3. Are able to order food goods and other commodities from accredited suppliers within the agreed school catering budget to comply with best practice.
4. Maintain high standards of food hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with health and safety, food safety, and the food safety act 1990, Natasha’s Law, and COSHH regulations at all times.
5. Manage the schools cashless system by payment of cheques and cash onto customer accounts, reconcile and bank takings on a daily basis.
6. Undertake Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Training as and when required.
7. Support the Caterer in Charge with planning, staffing, completing schedules and supervising staff on a daily basis.
8. Deputise for the Caterer in Charge, in periods of absence.
9. Oversee standards, check record keeping, including cleaning, temperature controls etc and to maintain safe standards on a daily basis.
10. Are flexible, well organised and professional at all times with ability to communicate with staff and students at all levels.
What the school offers its staff
Littleover is a diverse and highly successful comprehensive school, with consistently outstanding levels of attainment and progress across the curriculum. We are proud of our academic record, and of the pastoral care which maintains a feeling of community in a large and expanding school.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Littleover Community School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1824 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Littleover Community School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01332 513219
Littleover Community School is a Derby City Council, 11-18 co-educational, comprehensive school. Our school is situated four miles to the south west of the centre of Derby, in pleasant, spacious grounds and has a proud academic and pastoral record. Many teachers, after thriving here and developing their skills, go on to posts of responsibility here or elsewhere. Others, happy to work in a school which values effective classroom teaching above all else, stay here and contribute hugely over the years.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Painsley Catholic College
Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST10 1LH
Catering Assistant (Part Time 22.5hrs)
Arnold Hill Spencer Academy
Gedling Road, Nottingham, NG5 6NZ
Cover Supervisors - 1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed Term until August 2024
Brookvale Groby Learning Campus
Ratby Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE6 0FP
The Joseph Whitaker School
Warsop Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG21 0AG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derby and Derbyshire and Derby