6 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible, subject to pre-employment checks
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
11 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week: 7.00am – 3.00pm Monday to Thursday & 7.30am – 3.00pm on Friday
Full-time equivalent salary
- £23,620 - £25,409 SCP 10 - 14 (FTE)
- Grade E
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a reliable and enthusiastic individual to the post of Cook Supervisor, to join our hard-working team here at Littleover Community School. The successful candidate should able to use their own initiative but also able to work well as part of a team of approximately 15, consisting of the Caterer in Charge, Cook, Assistant Cook and Kitchen Assistants.
We are looking for candidates who:
1. Are able to devise and plan menus in accordance with nutritional standards, considering dietary needs, cultural and religious backgrounds, and food allergies.
2. Have experience cooking, transferring and serving of breakfast and main meals for 1200+ students and staff.
3. Are able to order food goods and other commodities from accredited suppliers within the agreed school catering budget to comply with best practice.
4. Maintain high standards of food hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with health and safety, food safety, and the food safety act 1990, Natasha’s Law, and COSHH regulations at all times.
5. Manage the schools cashless system by payment of cheques and cash onto customer accounts, reconcile and bank takings on a daily basis.
6. Undertake Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Training as and when required.
7. Support the Caterer in Charge with planning, staffing, completing schedules and supervising staff on a daily basis.
8. Deputise for the Caterer in Charge, in periods of absence.
9. Oversee standards, check record keeping, including cleaning, temperature controls etc and to maintain safe standards on a daily basis.
10. Are flexible, well organised and professional at all times with ability to communicate with staff and students at all levels.
What the school offers its staff
As a school, we are committed to continuous improvement so that we can continue to evolve to match the changing needs of our students, parents and carers, staff and wider school community. We are keen to utilise the latest thinking and technologies to ensure all our students are best equipped to achieve success in the future.
Our governors and staff are fully committed to serving the needs of our school community in these challenging social times, including continuing to develop the very strong academic performance of our school. If you feel you could contribute to this vision, we would be very pleased to receive your application.
Littleover Community School is an 11-18 comprehensive, community school. We are a Local Authority maintained school and have a positive working relationship with Derby City Council. We are not an Academy and have no current plans to join a new, or existing, Academy chain.
Our school is situated four miles to the south west of the centre of Derby, in pleasant, spacious grounds. We have a proud academic and pastoral record and the school is always popular with parents and carers looking for school places, within our own catchment area and beyond.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 299 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Littleover Community School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1824 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Littleover Community School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01332 513219
Littleover Community School is a Derby City Council, 11-18 co-educational, comprehensive school. Our school is situated four miles to the south west of the centre of Derby, in pleasant, spacious grounds and has a proud academic and pastoral record. Many teachers, after thriving here and developing their skills, go on to posts of responsibility here or elsewhere. Others, happy to work in a school which values effective classroom teaching above all else, stay here and contribute hugely over the years.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Painsley Catholic College
Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST10 1LH
Catering Assistant (Part Time 22.5hrs)
Arnold Hill Spencer Academy
Gedling Road, Nottingham, NG5 6NZ
Cover Supervisors - 1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed Term until August 2024
Brookvale Groby Learning Campus
Ratby Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE6 0FP
King Edward VI School
Upper St John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9EE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derby and Derbyshire and Derby