Course Leader of Politics
This job expired on 21 March 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 March 2023 at 9am
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Mon-Fri
- M1 (£29,344) - UPS3 (£44,919)
TLR 2A £3,344
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Meets national standards for ECT
- Graduate teacher of politics or other related subject
- Able to teach history up to KS5 and politics at KS5
- UK Qualified Teacher Status
- Able to teach to A Level
- Additional qualifications or academic experience
- Able to teach Citizenship
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
- Experience teaching history and politics.
- Successful teaching across age and ability range
- Good knowledge of current curriculum developments
What the school offers its staff
Why work for us?
- St Bede's is a good place to work. Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'.
- ECTs benefit from a well developed and comprehensive induction period programme. More experienced teachers are given the opportunity to participate in training which will help them to develop skills needed for middle and senior management roles.
- There are good on-site catering facilities. Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities.
- Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join our senior choir and instrumental groups.
- We have a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre.
- The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. We are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. We also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside . Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Bede's School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England/Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1887 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Bede's School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
St Bede's is a voluntary aided school located in Redhill, Surrey. We are proud to serve roughly 1,900 boys and girls of all abilities, age 11-18, from Reigate, Redhill, Caterham, Horley and the surrounding areas. This includes over 300 studying academic courses in the sixth form. The school will be gradually expanding over the next few years. The school has an Anglican, Catholic and Free Church foundation and we work hard to create an inclusive ethos. Our aim is to ensure that pupils thrive academically, socially and spiritually within a Christian Framework.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey