- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
32.50 hours per week, term time only
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £20,092 to £21,748
- Actual salary
- £15,205 to £16,458
We are seeking a confident, resilient and hardworking colleague to manage and provide effective classroom cover for absent teaching staff. This post is ideal for those committed to making a difference to the lives of young people by supporting and upholding high standards across the whole Academy by working as part of a team.
The Academy is looking for someone who has:
• Resilience and is able to adapt to different groups of students and different subject areas;
• The ability to work with deadlines, leading an effective team;
• Experience working with and tracking budgets;
• Excellent inter-personal skills to work with colleagues within and outside of the Academy;
• A high level of literacy and numeracy;
• High expectations for students and is able to maintain discipline firmly and with good humour;
• The confidence to make a difference in the classroom and enjoy working with young people.
• Previous experience using SIMS is ideal, but not necessary.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating daily cover, including managing other cover supervisors;
• Working with the Vice Principal to address longer term cover;
• Liaising with and maintaining excellent relationships with external agencies;
• Maintaining accurate and up to date records for cover;
• Supervision of whole classes during staff absence;
• Managing behaviour of students to ensure a constructive environment for learning;
• Participating in a rota of supervisory duties during recreational time.
Q3 Academy offers excellent CPD and career opportunities for staff at every stage of their career. This role offers a great first step for those considering a career in education and looking to gain school experience.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement of this role.
Please note that you may be contacted via e-mail throughout the recruitment process, so please check your e-mails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS), satisfactory employment references, identification and qualification checks, which will be required prior to commencing duties to establish the suitability of the candidate.
Applying for the job
Please complete the attached application form and submit to email@example.com
CVs alone are not accepted unless you have a disability that makes it difficult to complete an application form.Download an application form - 61.9 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.