Location: Dallow Road, Luton, LU1 1LZ
Contract Type: Permanent, Term Time + 2 Training Days
Hours of work: 31.25 hours per week 8:30am - 4:00pm
Salary: L4 - £18,073.12 Actual
Closing date: Friday 23rd February 2024, 9am
Overview of the Job
- To cover the lessons of absent staff and deliver high quality learning experiences for all pupils.
- Assist the Year Leader(s) to organise all aspects of the administration and preparation of cover
- Under the direction of a class teacher, following agreed lesson plans, support the learning of individuals/groups/whole classes of students using strategies appropriate to the needs of students, providing feedback and liaising with colleagues. Facilitate the intellectual and social development of students.
- Deploy appropriate aids, materials and equipment, including ICT, to assist learning
- Assist in the evaluation and revision of lesson and work programs using knowledge gained when working with students.
- Deliver the Read, Write Inc program (training will be provided)
Purpose of the post
To facilitate and encourage learning which enables pupils to achieve the highest possible standards: to share and support the corporate responsibility for the well-being, education and discipline of all pupils.
Dallow Primary School is a warm and welcoming school with 630 pupils on role and three classes in each year group. It received a Good rating from Ofsted in May 2023, with the report stating that "Pupils like attending this friendly and happy school. They are confident, polite and welcoming to visitors. They are kind and considerate of each other. This means that pupils feel happy and safe”.
Located in the vicinity of the M1, A5 link roads and the L&D hospital, the school has a diverse pupil population, with students from all different religions, cultures, and language backgrounds. The school considers this diversity to be a valuable asset.
The school's goal is to make learning enjoyable and engaging. We strive to provide all our students with the tools and resources they need to succeed, and we hold high expectations for each and every one of them to become lifelong learners.
If you have an unwavering commitment to safeguarding young people, high levels of personal resilience and thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, then we want to hear from you.
Full training, support and induction will be provided.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, this appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
We are unable to accept CVs
We thank you for your interest in this role.
For further information, please contact Jade Powell, HR on: 01582616601
We offer a range of employee benefits:
A comprehensive induction programme and a supportive working environment including access to Teaching School Hubs and Initial Teacher Training
Exceptional CPD and development / promotional opportunities
Refer a friend scheme
Generous pension schemes
Employee assistance programme
Employee of the month scheme
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd February 2024, 9am
We reserve the right to close this advert early.
Interviews will take place - TBC
Visit our website: Dallow Primary School
Follow us on Twitter: Dallow Primary School
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.