The Stockwood Park Academy have an excellent opportunity for a degree-educated candidate to join them as a Cover Supervisor. The purpose of the Cover Supervisor role is to provide teaching cover during short-term or planned teacher absences to implement lessons to students. You will join a small team of four who are dedicated in continuing educational provisions across all subject areas. This is a very critical role for our academy and you will make a valuable contribution to our students and curriculum teams. Under the direction of the class teacher, you will enhance learning opportunities for pupils and ensure there is minimal disruption to their education. You will also support with running a club.
This is an ideal role for any candidates wishing to pursue a career in teaching. Join us as a Cover Supervisor to kick-start your career in education and gain useful and relevant long-lasting skills in delivering classes and managing students.
The Stockwood Park Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Stockwood Park Academy!
- Support the teaching and learning of individual or groups of students, using support strategies appropriate to their learning needs.
- Contribute significantly to; the planning of teaching and learning work programmes and activities to achieve the aims of lessons.
- Contribute to the monitoring, recording and assessment of student progress through observation and questioning, against student targets
- Contribute to the development of a purposeful working atmosphere, implement and monitor the school’s behaviour and any related policies and procedures.
- Invigilate tests and examinations as directed.
- Support with running a club
- be a graduate of any subject
- have excellent command of the English language
- be able to work under pressure
- work with pupils with confidence
- have a flexible nature
- someone who could offer a club/enrichment activity
- be a great team-player
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4as:“Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
This job post has expired.