We have an opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic, positive and committed person to join our highly regarded student support team within the school, supervising whole classes in the absence of a teacher, undertaking pre-prepared activities provided by a teacher.
Cover Supervisors oversee work that has been set in accordance with school policy and are expected to manage the behaviour of students throughout the lesson. If you have experience with working with children and are confident in managing and maintaining a focused environment, you will excel in working as part of this team. This job allows for a large amount of autonomy in the classroom and would suit a person looking for an exciting and rewarding job, possibly before embarking further in a career in teaching.
The successful candidate would need:
- A good standard of basic education;
- An NVQ level 2 in relevant qualification (or equivalent) or equivalent experience;
- Previous experience of working with young people in a similar environment;
- The ability to take charge of a classroom and give clear instructions and guidance to students.
Experience of supervising group work and supporting students with special needs will be an advantage but not essential.
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
- Salary:£18,599 - £19,882 pro rata (£21,528 - £23,013) SAT 5
- 37 hours a week, Term Time plus 5 staff development days.
The North School has a real community feel and really encourages its employees to be part of this community and the wider life of the school.
Further details about the school can be found on our website:www.thenorthschool.org.uk
Join us to benefit from:
- Local Government Pension Scheme – with a generous employer contribution;
- Employee Assistance Programme – Wellbeing and advice;
- Ride to Work Scheme;
- Kent Rewards Scheme – access to local and national retail discounts.
- Employee Referral Recruitment Incentive.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this vacancy. If you are interested in this post or would like more information, please contact Jo Manning, Office Manager email@example.com 01233 614600.
Applications should be made via Kent Teach. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (option 2)
We are happy to discuss any support you may need during your application process as part of our reasonable adjustment approach.
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Dates: w/c 12th December 2022
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
This job post has expired.