We are looking to appoint a resourceful Cover Supervisor at Harris Academy Chobham to provide classroom cover in the absence of teachers. This role will likely suit you if you have previous experience in a similar role, providing cover within an educational establishment.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications to A Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge of strategies to recognise and reward efforts and achievements towards self-reliance that are appropriate to the age and development stage of the students
- Basic knowledge of SEN and other learning barriers
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Relevant experience in successfully supervising groups of children aged 11-16
- Previous experience in a school or comparable large organisation
- Understanding of a secondary school environment
- Ability to provide classroom cover – within agreed parameters – in the absence of the class teacher
- Ability to consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management strategies
- Ability to use language and other communication skills that students can understand and relate to
- Ability to establish positive relationships with students and empathise with their needs
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills
- Ability to provide levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to students' needs, encouraging the students to stay on task
- Ability to monitor the students' response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify/adapt activities agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes
Chobham Academy is always on the lookout for inspirational and influential staff. Most of all, we are on the lookout for potential colleagues who like our students and want to help them succeed. In order to help our staff have the best possible experience and achieve a proper work- life balance, we have put into place a range of measures to benefit both our teaching and students services colleagues.
We place high emphasis on staff wellbeing at Chobham. This helps colleagues to be happier and more effective in their work. Staff are regularly consulted about their wellbeing and the outcomes of these consultations have a direct and rapid impact upon the Academy's approach to supporting staff wellbeing.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.