- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
32.5 hours per week
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £21937 - £23,768 (FTE)
- Actual salary
- £16,043 - £17,382 (0.73132 FTE)
Avanti Fields is an all-through school which welcomed the first intake of Year 7 students in September 2018. The school is rapidly expanding, and will grow year by year to a full cohort of 1,320. This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues its journey to outstanding.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas lead by example and act as a strong role model to students. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and energetic team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
Avanti Fields is a Hindu-designated faith school, part of the growing family of Avanti schools. However, staff and students at Avanti Fields School do not originate from any specific faith background. Applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none; they will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
The staff team is passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through coaching and time allocated to professional development, we support our staff to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
What will you do?
• Working with the Assistant Principal and School Business Manager, using the Arbor MIS to ensure all lessons for absent teachers (planned and unplanned) are covered throughout the day, with suitable work set and resources issued all returned.
• Be the first to cover lessons for absent teachers as required.
• To facilitate and encourage learning which helps all students achieve their potential.
• To work with colleagues to support high standards of behaviour and attainment.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
What are we looking for?
• Good knowledge and skills in the use of ICT/Technology
• An ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• An ability to work creatively as an individual and as part of a team
• Attention to detail/ability to enter data accurately;
• Knowledge of Arbor Management Information System – desirable but not essential
• Up to date training in health and safety and an excellent track record in the field of health and safety - desirable but not essential
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
• LGPS pension scheme
• Development opportunities
• A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• A committed and motivated staff team;
• An attractive working environment;
• Supportive parents;
The successful candidate, whilst not necessarily a Hindu, will subscribe fully to the ethos and vision of the Avanti Schools Trust for the school. Please see www.avanti.org.uk for more details.
If you have any questions about the post prior to an application, please email Manisha Wadhwana at Manisha.Wadhwana@avanti.org.uk
Avanti Fields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensure that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.