7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
5 June 2023 at 9am
29 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 30.85 hours per week
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an individual who has a good standard of education, as each day you will supervise classes during the absence of subject teachers and provide support to department teams, therefore it is essential that you have the confidence to stand in front of classes up to 30 students and deliver pre-set lesson plans. Someone who has already undertaken on a similar role, i.e. Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), would be well suited to the Cover Supervisor role. Previous experience of working with young people is essential, along with the ability to complete administration tasks including recording and monitoring attendance.
What the school offers its staff
- Free tea and coffee in our staff rooms
- An induction programme and continued investment in training and development, with access to coaching and mentoring, career and professional development
- Access to professional qualifications via the apprenticeship levy
- Opportunities to engage with extra-curricular activities
- Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working, with a trust commitment to continually look to ways to improve the work-life balance for our staff
- Free parking and good transport links
- Automatic membership of the East Riding Pension Scheme
- Recognition of continuous service if you join us from another school, academy or local government employer
- Cycle to work scheme offering savings of up to 32% on a bike and accessories
- Hot and cold snacks and meals available from our canteens and complimentary lunches on training days
- Corporate membership to the East Riding Leisure gyms, saving over 25% on membership costs and onsite gym at South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College, at only £12.50 per month
- Employee Assistance Scheme available 24/7 via telephone or on-line portal, providing advice on assistance on a wide range of practical issues ranging from legal information and consumer issues to specialist counselling.
- In school individual support from Mind as part of the school’s Whole School Approach to Mental Health and Well Being.
- Opportunity to become a Mental Health First Aider
- Free Flu vaccinations held on site each year
- Refund of the cost of an Annual NHS Prescription Prepayment Certificate
- Annual staff survey
- Salary Finance scheme which offers affordable loans and savings account, as well as tools for budgeting and saving
- Education Workers Scheme from Barratt/David Wilson homes where education workers are entitled to receive a deposit contribution of £750 for every £25,000 spent, up to a maximum contribution of £15,000.
- Access to TeacherPerks.co.uk – discounts from a wide range of organisations.
Further details about the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fantastic Cover Team at South Hunsley School as a Cover Supervisor.
The role may be the perfect job for aspiring teachers who are seeking additional classroom experience before applying for a PGCE with opportunities to progress on to Teacher Training in the future through the Trusts own Teaching School.
The working hours are from 8:30AM to 3:20PM Monday to Friday during the school term. You will also be paid for an additional 30.85 hours per year, which enables you to attend team meetings, training and development that sits outside your normal working hours. Your actual salary is £15,734.49 per annum, and this is paid in 12 equal instalments over the year so even when it is the summer holidays, you continue to receive the same payment that month. If you are interested in working on a part time basis, please get in touch and we are happy to explore this further with you.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 2108 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01482 631208
South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College has over 2,100 students and is the only secondary school in the East Riding of Yorkshire rated outstanding by Ofsted. Here at South Hunsley we passionately believe in the limitless potential of every member of our school community. We want everyone to be happy, confident and successful so we can all achieve more than we think is possible. We can promise support, care, encouragement and respect as well as really enjoyable and rewarding working and learning environment. We are genuinely committed to our students and our staff, and we do everything we can to ensure every child receives the care and guidance they need to thrive. We are proud of our school and would welcome the opportunity to give you a tour, so please don’t hesitate to contact Freya Dobson (HR Administrator) on 01482 631208 or by email via Freya.Dobson@southhunsley.org.uk if you would like to visit or find out more.
Arranging a visit to South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The Market Weighton School
Spring Road, Market Weighton, East Yorkshire, YO43 3JF
Thrive Co Operative Learning Trust
Bricknell Avenue, Hull, HU5 4QH
Coordinator for Children Looked After (CLA) and Vulnerable Children
Kelvin Hall School
Bricknell Avenue, Hull, HU5 4QH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed