Bournville School is a vibrant and diverse school. We are seeking outstanding teachers and leaders with high expectations to join our team dedicated to pursuing excellence for every child. We are an ambitious school and value enthusiastic and hardworking staff. It is a very exciting time to join us.
We believe that every child should leave school proud of the young adult they have become, and that every youngster attending our Trust deserves the opportunity to thrive in an atmosphere where high expectation meet endless possibilities
Applicants will join a well-led and motivated team committed to continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will:
- Set high expectations which motivate and challenge students in a productive learning environment
- Promote good outcomes by students, planning well-structured lessons
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities with high standards of personal and professional conduct
In return we will offer you:
- Access to support and guidance from other subject leaders across the MAT and form subject expertise within the Academy SLT
- Bespoke Continual Professional Development (in the academy and online via the National College)
- Perkbox example benefits;
- Discounts at nationwide retailers
- Gym discount
- Cinema discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Up to 4 structured counselling sessions per year
- A MAT wide focus on staff well-being
This is an exciting time to join us, and a great opportunity to be involved in the next stage of development of this strong team. Over the last few years, there has been a real drive to develop collaborative planning of a well sequenced knowledge rich curriculum in order to ensure our curriculum is inclusive and all students can achieve highly.
Bournville School (part of Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust) is a mainstream, non-selective, comprehensive school for students aged 4 -16. Bournville School is built on traditional values. Pivotal to this is a positive ethos and culture of learning and success for all students. There is particular regard to outstanding achievement for all students whatever their academic starting point and a commitment to lifelong learning for all stakeholders.
This is an ideal opportunity for a colleague who is ambitious, creative and enthusiastic about helping students to learn in a strong supportive environment.
Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as providing evidence of qualifications.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/new-guidance-on-the-rehabilitation-ofoffenders-act-1974
This job post has expired.