24 days remaining to apply
Start date details
1st September 2023 or an earlier appointment date may be possible
26 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
18 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- View all Part timejobs - Full-time and part-time/casual hours available
- Grade 5
What skills and experience we're looking for
The rate of pay will be Grade 5, £21,968pa
The Governors of Cardinal Griffin Catholic College are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, full-time (32.5hpw) and casual Cover Supervisor to cover for both planned and unplanned absences of teaching staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for Cover Supervisors to work in all areas of the school and may suit suitably qualified individuals who are looking to get experience of work within a school with a view to applying to go into Teaching or Teaching Assistant roles.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to provide effective cover supervision in a range of classes and subjects in response to short term teacher and teaching assistant absence, ensuring good order is maintained in the classroom and keep pupils on task. Candidates must be suitable to work with children and young people and able to supervise whole classes including implementing work programmes, managing pupil behaviour and assisting pupils in relevant activities in line with the school’s policies and procedures.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous school experience.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
What the school offers its staff
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full and part-time/casual hours available.
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
Why Cardinal Griffin?
- Following our March 2023 OfSTED, Cardinal Griffin Catholic College continues to be rated as a ‘Good’ school.
- Cardinal Griffin is a thriving 11-18 Catholic College with 888 students on roll.
- Curriculum leadership that places great emphasis on the importance of students studying modern foreign languages
- We pride ourselves on our approach to staff wellbeing ensuring all staff have access to high quality research-based CPD. This forms an integral part of our appraisal and staff development cycle.
- We are working to achieve a 'Leading Parent Partnership' award and through this we show our commitment to stakeholder voice.
- We have a strong performance academically, with 61% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE English and 57% of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or better in their GCSE Maths in 2022.
- Following the appointment of a new Headteacher we are looking to accelerate our progress towards becoming an outstanding College.
- We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment.
Further details about the role
Closing date for applications is Monday, 26th June 2023 at 12 noon.
The College reserves the right to interview as soon as it has a suitable field of candidates and so encourages early applications.
We welcome further discussions about the post and these can be conducted using a variety of online platforms or by telephone. Please contact us to discuss this if it will be helpful to you.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 59.9 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cardinal Griffin Catholic College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 870 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01543 502215
Following our March 2023 OfSTED, Cardinal Griffin Catholic College continues to be a rated as a ‘Good’ school. Ours is a warm, supportive, welcoming and above all, happy place to work. Relationships are paramount to us. All are expected to give of their best, grow and develop, both staff and students. We are committed to staff welfare and development and we offer an excellent professional development programme and training opportunities for staff at all stages of their career.
Arranging a visit to Cardinal Griffin Catholic College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Painsley Catholic College
Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST10 1LH
The Telford Langley School
Duce Drive, Telford, Shropshire, TF4 3JS
High Point Academy
Friar Park Road, Wednesbury, West Midlands, WS10 0JS
Oldbury Wells School
Oldbury Wells, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 5JD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Staffordshire and Stoke