About this role
Merrydale Junior School
Grade 7 Pay Point 11-14 (£24,707 - £25,982)
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
Monday to Friday
Fixed Term until August 2024.
Merrydale Junior School We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and driven cover supervisor to provide cover across and to contribute to high quality teaching and learning in order to help pupils achieve their full potential.
Why choose Merrydale Junior School?
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the maintenance of an activity bank, and draw upon this in the event that pupils complete the pre-set work more quickly than expected, in order to ensure that pupils are engaged in constructive activity throughout the period of cover.
- In the absence of a teacher, to supervise a class of students, ensuring they are engaged in learning activity that has been set by a teacher. This may include explaining the work to be completed and answering questions from pupils to ensure that they understand what is required of them.
- To contribute to the development and review of relevant policies (e.g. Cover, Behaviour Management, etc).
- To undertake administrative duties relevant to the role.
We are looking for someone who has:
- NVQ 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent or able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 3 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post.
- Level 2 qualifications in maths/numeracy and English/literacy or able to demonstrate competency in literacy and numeracy equivalent to level 2.
- Experience of working with students in a formal setting.
- Knowledge of child protection and health and safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively manage pupil behaviour in accordance with school policy and procedure.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.