Salary: £25,878 - £27,852 pro rata Actual salary £22,259
OAT Cover Grade 5 Spinal Point 15-19
37 HPW, 39 Weeks per year
Start Date: ASAP
Ormiston Denes Academy is at an exciting stage of its journey, with a recent Ofsted report and results which demonstrate its continued improvement, we have high expectations for all students and staff.
In this role, you will be part of a team committed to delivering high-quality cover lessons in the absence of classroom staff, delivering pre-set work. You will be supported by a Cover Coordinator and a supportive Senior Leadership Team, keen to see students prosper. Our aim is for every student to make outstanding progress. This is through receiving engaging teaching that focuses on concrete understanding and engendering a love of learning.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to get into their first teaching role or postgraduates who are interested in a career in education. Perhaps you have recently completed a degree level course and are now considering applying for teacher training or, you want to gain vital classroom experience before starting your training? This role will provide invaluable insight and experience as well as the opportunity to benefit from training and support from our highly skilled, experienced staff. There is additionally the opportunity for the right candidate to act as Cover Manager for a day each week.
We are looking for:
• A self-motivated, energetic individual with excellent communication skills.
• An enthusiastic and innovative team player.
• A candidate who is interested in teaching and learning and enjoys the challenges of working with children.
We will guarantee:
• You will be supported to meet the demands and challenges of the role.
• A stimulating and friendly working environment where every member of staff is valued and makes a significant contribution to the academy.
• Working with honest, aspirational students, who are full of character and have a lot of potential.
• Support from creative and innovative colleagues that will ensure your professional practice continues to develop.
Interested? If you share the academy's vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families, and our community, then we would be delighted to hear from you. We would love to hear from you.
For more information on Ormiston Academies Trust visit www.ormistonacademiestrust.co.uk.
For further details or an informal discussion, please contact, Hr@ormistondenes.co.uk or tel. 01502 574474.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 25 September 2023
Interviews: ASAP - the academy reserves the right to interview suitably qualified applicants before the closing date.
Ormiston Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people and we expect
everyone who works in our academy to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.