- View all Full timejobs
- 36.66 hours per week; 7 hours and 20 minutes daily, Monday to Friday
Term time plus one week
- £22,571 to £24,920 FTE
Cover Supervisor job summary
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor from 1 September 2022 to provide classroom cover for short term absences and provide continuity of education for students.
You will role model high standards and be confident in your ability to deliver high quality cover lessons in which students can learn and make progress.
The ability to develop positive working relationships with students and colleagues and communicate clearly are key for this post. You will have a ‘can do’ and well organised approach to your work plus energy, commitment and drive to engage students in their learning and make progress.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Is either a qualified teacher or has extensive experience of supporting KS3 and KS4 students effectively in the classroom
• Has good classroom management skills
• Has excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Builds positive working relationships with students, staff, parents and carers
• Has excellent organisational skills and can work on their own initiative
• Is resilient with a flexible, ‘can-do’ approach to work
• Works collaboratively.
Working for St Anne’s means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, offering a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing family of schools.
Alongside St Anne’s CE Academy, the Trust is made up of The Blue Coat School, and two primary schools; East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. We are also opening a new secondary school in Oldham in 2022 for 1,200 pupils, The Brian Clarke CE Academy.
For further details please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
This position will be based at St Anne’s Academy, Middleton, but may from time to time require travel as necessary to collaborate with other schools which are all locally based.
• Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
• LGPS career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent's pension
• Generous holiday entitlement and sick pay scheme, increasing with length of service
• Convenient location with access to motorway networks (a 2-minute drive from Junction 19 of the M62), and with buses and trams close by.
St Anne’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975,2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information please refer to:
• the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust.
• The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the job details’ documents section.
• The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
For further details including how to apply please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Closing Date: Tuesday 5 July 2022 at 09:00
Applying for the job
To apply please visit our careers site: https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/vacanciesMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.