To be our ideal candidate you will:
- Be able to establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Be able to promote inclusion and acceptance of all students in the classroom by encouraging them to interact with each other and to engage in activities set by the teacher.
- Be able to ensure students’ safety and welfare and provide pastoral support when required
- Be able to promote self-esteem and independence amongst students
- Be ambitious and collaborative
- Have good communication skills and the ability to manage interpersonal relationships
- Be a team player, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Have a willingness to support catholic life in schools
St Paul’s is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Cover Supervisor to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will enjoy the support and collaboration of a very supportive well-established team. This post is temporary until 23 August 2023.
St Paul’s is a thriving and successful 11-18 Catholic School, with 1140 students from a variety of backgrounds and faiths. It was judged good at its last inspection with Sixth form being outstanding. St Paul’s is ambitious for its students and staff and the school has continued to improve in all areas since the 2018 inspection. Ofsted described the school as “inclusive and caring” and students as “polite, caring and helpful.”
We can offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to be part of a warm inclusive community
- A respectful and ethical working environment with a supportive culture
- A belief and commitment to work life balance for all staff
- A strong centralised behaviour system with an embedded culture of respect and hard work, allowing teachers to teach effectively, free from low-level disruption.
- A robust approach to assessment, which is not reliant on ineffective burdensome marking.
- The opportunity to teach across key stages 3,4 and 5
- Membership of the Medicash health care scheme
- Employer pension contributions of over 20%
- Nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay
- Access to our Electric Car Scheme
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps