Cover Supervisor / Supply Teacher
This job expired on 31 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
4 September 2023
31 May 2023 at 5pm
5 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours term time only
- View all Part timejobs - Part time considered
- £16,740 to £18,003 for 32.5 hours
What skills and experience we're looking for
- GCSEs, with good grades in Maths and English (C/4 or better) or an equivalent qualification
- Educated to degree standard
- knowledge of effective behaviour management
- Experience of working within a similar role or education setting
- An awareness of the school curriculum
- Implementing solutions and Problem solving
- Ability to take initiative
- Must be well organised
- Must be well presented
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive, professional attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Willingness to learn new skills and in tackling the variety of tasks arising in a school environment
- Committed to professional development and training
- Be able to communicate effectively and with both children/young people and adults at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to develop good relations with staff and pupils and the wider school community
What the school offers its staff
- A hard working and committed team of colleagues
- Beautiful, historic school location, with a good range of shops, bars and cafes within a short walk
- Regular programmes of professional development to Teacher Development Trust Gold Standard
- Support for and commitment to your future training and development needs
- On-site free car parking
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Annual free flu vaccination
- 24/7 employee assistance wellbeing scheme
Further details about the role
Are you thinking a teaching career and want to get some experience before you start your training? Are you a retired or supply teacher looking to return to the classroom without the planning and preparation?
Ideally, we are looking for candidates to work Monday to Friday but we would consider a number of part time workers to add to our team - so if you want only a few days per week please apply as we may be able to accommodate this in the team.
Cover Supervisors support and assist in the education of our students, the role is essential as it ensures the continued education of students in the absence of their teacher.
We can offer start dates as soon as possible or for a September 2023 start.
Candidates should have the confidence to handle immediate issues as well as fielding students’ questions. Ideally, you will have experience of creating an environment in the classroom that enhances learning.
Applicants should have a good general education and be interested in working within a secondary education setting. Experience is not essential, as full training will be given. Please see our recruitment pack for further details about the job and the school.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Henry Box School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1061 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Henry Box School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01993 848166
The Henry Box School is a successful 11-18 comprehensive secondary school, on a historic site in Witney, Oxfordshire. Our professional development is truly gold standard – we were awarded ‘Gold’ by the Teacher Development Trust in 2020.
Arranging a visit to The Henry Box School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Great Western Academy
William Morris Way, Swindon, SN25 2PP
Abbey Park School
The Learning Campus, Swindon, SN25 2ND
St George's Road, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8HH
The Bicester School
Queen's Avenue, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 2NS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oxfordshire