- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
32 hours a week - term time only plus 2 days
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
We are seeking to appoint a proactive and enthusiastic individual to support teaching and learning within our school. The role involves supervising lessons in the absence of a class teacher, to ensure that students continue to learn new knowledge and or have opportunities to revisit prior knowledge, so that they continue to progress through the curriculum.
This post is ideal for those who are considering a career in teaching and are thinking of applying for a PGCE, Teach First or School Direct course, OR you could be an experienced teacher looking for a more flexible way of working OR have a passion for working with young people, and a love of learning who are looking for a new rewarding career pathway.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Supervising students to complete their learning, delivering pre prepared resources when a teacher is absent, promoting engagement and supporting progress of students.
• Creating a calm and purposeful environment in which students can complete work set productively
• Setting and maintaining high expectations and standards.
• Following the school’s systems to ensure a disruptive free learning environment for all pupils.
• Establishing purposeful and positive relationships with students.
The role involves you being in front of a class of students (across the secondary age range), supervising a lesson. You would be sharing pre prepared resources with students across multiple subjects, rather than one subject, ensuring students complete the work that has been set. The key purpose in your role, is to secure continuity of learning in the teacher’s absence. Thus enabling students to continue to progress through the curriculum, master new knowledge and skills or consolidating ones they have already learned.
Those with the right temperament will find the work incredibly rewarding and by possessing the following skills and qualities, it is likely that you will be highly skilled and successful in this role
• Highly adaptable, responsive, and flexible in how you work
• Have excellent communication skills
• A calm, fair, positive, and warm manner, as well as being firm and assertive when needed
• A love of learning and working with young people
We hope that you see this as an exciting opportunity and if the above captures you, we look forward to hearing from you. We recognise that taking on any new role can be exciting and can raise questions so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.