We are looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful and creative individual
with a passion for supporting young people. This is an ideal role for anyone
considering a future career in teaching.
The successful candidate will:
- have proven, recent and relevant experience in an
educational setting (secondary phase).
- have good communication skills and an ability to
clarify and explain instructions clearly.
- be able to demonstrate good organisational and
behaviour management skills in a classroom setting.
- be able to encourage, motivate and inspire young
people to achieve their full potential.
- be able to demonstrate qualities of patience,
firmness and sensitivity in establishing good relationships with students and
- have a good general education and a high level of
literacy and numeracy skills.
We can offer you:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and
- In-house Teaching School.
- An individual induction programme supported by a
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers,
Site Teams and IT staff.
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or
Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52
weeks per year which increases with length of service.
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of
VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of
glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all
conditions are met).
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and
Wellbeing representative, meeting with
other schools on a termly basis and feeding into the Health and
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages.
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo
and Portsmouth payroll.
- Free confidential telephone and face to face
counselling for staff and family members.
The successful applicant will be welcomed and supported in our friendly
environment where we have a passion for learning.
All schools within the
Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that
all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All
successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks
along with other relevant employment checks.
This job post has expired.