We are seeking to appoint a Cover Teacher to join the team at our fantastic school MEA Central. This role will begin in January 2024 or sooner.
To ensure that students experience an educational programme that is personalised to their needs, developing their skills and abilities
- To actively contribute to the review, evaluation and development of effective Programmes of Study, Schemes of Work, teaching materials, methods of teaching and methods of assessment in line with school and national policy
- To be actively involved in interventions to raise student achievement and attainment across the curriculum area
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress, and attainment of students in line with school policy
- To monitor and review student progress against targets, ensuring appropriate follow-up action
- To ensure positive behaviour for learning for all students in line with the School’s behaviour management policy
Key Skills & Experience
- Thorough subject knowledge and understanding of current curriculum developments
- To be an excellent classroom practitioner consistently delivering Good / Outstanding lessons
- To show understanding of the urban educational setting
- Demonstrate a commitment to appropriate professional standards, including core policies relating to equality and diversity and child protection
- Demonstrate a collaborative, team working approach focused on improvement and supporting the vision, values and objectives of the organisation
- The ability to enthuse, inspire and motivate students
Great schools thrive because of the great people in them.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. All schools in the Trust have signed up to the education staff wellbeing charter as a declaration of support to the wellbeing and mental health of everyone that works at Prospere Learning Trust.
Prospere Learning Trust offers a variety of employee benefits, including;
a commitment to continuous professional development for all colleagues
membership of Bupa Level 1 Health Plan which allows employees to claim money back for a range of health expenses such as prescriptions and dental treatments
access to counselling, financial, legal and personal advice provided through either our free Bupa or Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including confidential 24-hour support
access to Cyclescheme
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) contributions and Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS) contributions
Applying to work for us
Please note that guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview.
All applicants must be permitted to work in the UK and hold a relevant work permit where necessary. This is not a role in which the Trust sponsors a visa application. If you have lived or worked outside of the UK in the last 5 years, the Trust will also require additional information in order to comply with safer recruitment requirements. Any job offer will be conditional on the satisfactory completion of the necessary pre-employment checks including receipt of satisfactory references.
All schools within the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
At Prospere Learning Trust we are committed to creating a community of belonging. This means we continually celebrate the diverse communities within our schools and the communities we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
This job post has expired.