Due to some internal promotions and the expansion of our cover team, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to support teaching and learning within our school. The role involves delivering lessons in the absence of a class teacher, to ensure that students continue to learn new knowledge and or have opportunities to revisit prior knowledge, so that they continue to progress through the curriculum.
This post is ideal for those who has QTS and who have a passion for working with young people and a love of learning and who are either looking for a more flexible way of working or wanting to continue to gain experience before securing permanent post in their subject specialism.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supervising students to complete their learning, delivering pre prepared resources when a teacher is absent, promoting engagement and supporting progress of students.
- Creating a calm and purposeful environment in which students can complete work set productively
- Setting and maintaining high expectations and standards.
- Following the school’s systems to ensure a disruptive free learning environment for all pupils.
- Establishing purposeful and positive relationships with students.
The role involves you being in front of a class of students (across the secondary age range), delivering a lesson. You would be sharing preprepared resources with students across multiple subjects, rather than one subject, ensuring students complete the work that has been set to the best of their ability.
This role is incredibly rewarding and by possessing the following skills and qualities, it is likely that you will be highly successful and enjoy the work you do:
- Highly adaptable, responsive, and flexible in how you work
- Have excellent communication skills
- A calm, fair, positive, and warm manner, as well as being firm and assertive when needed
- A love of learning and working with young people
Please contact Vicky Ovens: email@example.com with any questions.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response as interviews may be arranged on the receipt of positive applications.
This job post has expired.