This role is term time plus 10 days of which 5 must be INSET Days, we will also consider a full-time role.
We are seeking to appoint a Technician to join our experienced Creative Studies faculty. You will be joining a supportive team who are committed to ensuring the best outcomes for our students. Our Creative Studies team enjoys the use of specialist facilities including dedicated classroom spaces for Product Design, Food technology, Art and Photography with up to date equipment such as a laser cutter and 3D printers.
Why choose Hertswood Academy?
- CPD accredited, and an exceptional reputation for professional development
- IIP Status award since 2003
- A brand new, state of the art facility opened in September 2019
- A track record of students attaining high achievements and gaining places in university such as Yale and Cambridge
- A positive and thriving sixth form
- Great travel links. Situated within the M25, the A1 and M1 are easily accessible, and St Pancras Station London is only 20 minutes by train
‘Hertswood Academy is a calm and pleasant place for pupils to learn.’
‘School leaders and staff have what one parent called ‘great belief’ in their pupils’ abilities to do great things in school and their adult lives. Many pupils told inspectors that staff encourage pupils to aim for extraordinary goals in life. As a result, many pupils take impressive next steps in their education and careers.’
‘Pupils told inspectors that they enjoy going to the school and appreciate the remarkable new buildings.’
‘Sixth-form students told inspectors that they chose Hertswood because staff and pupils care for each other well. Many parents reported to inspectors that staff ‘go the extra mile’ for pupils to ensure that they are happy and safe.’
‘Many pupils do well at the end of Year 11. This is because teachers focus on helping pupils succeed in the Year 11 examinations.’
James Blackwell – trained here, ex student
Having been a student at Hertswood Academy and now a teacher here for almost 16 years I have witnessed the incredible journey the school has made. The students achieve more than ever before and I am proud to be part of a very hard working group of staff that is helping the young people from the community I grew up in.
Why would we choose you?
- You are a motivated, engaging, dedicated, and well-qualified experienced teacher, with an unswerving devotion to continuously develop and inspire students.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
We welcome visitors to the school, and visits can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
This job post has expired.