To lead on the Nurture project developing pastoral care and the academies disciplinary process
Provide vocational teaching cover across the academy
To provide one to one vocational classroom support for learners with EHCPs, SEND and low level behavioral problems identified on the at risk list.
Provide additional pastoral support to students and deliver one to one tutorials where additional support is needed to ensure student achievement for at risk students is the same as other cohorts.
Support tutors with first warnings and the tracking of at risk students and their targets.
• Discretionary half day work on Fridays
• A staff wellbeing day
• Admin days built into the academic year
• An individual CPD plan to bring out your brilliance
• Teaching, learning and assessment groups to share best practice and try new teaching techniques
• Opportunities to learn from your creative colleagues, for example, learning how to DJ, sew, improve your photoshop skills
• An employee assistance line for people to talk through difficulties confidentially, with solutions often offered to partners
• Full pension benefits in either the Teachers Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme.
Applying for the job
Please complete the attached application form and if you prefer you can send us your CV.
Big Creative Academy (BCA) is a post-16 free school specialising in the creative industries. We believe that teaching skills employers want and empowering young people to think reflectively enables positive outcomes for students and our wider community. Big Creative Academy is committed to wellbeing and excellent teaching. Our mission is to improve the lives of young people through high quality training and creative industry experiences. We have 350 learners studying vocational programmes progressing to higher education and employment.