Curriculum Area Lead for Maths
4 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, permanent
- Leadership Scale L4-7
What skills and experience we're looking for
As a result of internal promotion to senior leadership, we are recruiting a subject leader of maths, to build on existing strengths and support the continued professional development of a committed team of teachers. We are looking for someone who can lead the team in identifying and acting on areas for development which will ensure the best possible outcomes for our students.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced subject leader who is looking for wider school experience in a new setting as part of their ongoing professional development. Similarly, an established teacher looking to step into middle leadership would benefit from a supportive CPD programme embedded within our professional learning community here at Oak Academy.
What the school offers its staff
What we offer to candidates
- A Principal driven by school improvement with an open-door policy for staff, students and parents.
- A very visible and approachable senior leadership team.
- An enthusiastic and committed team of teachers and support staff.
- All staff at Oak are part of a professional learning community in which evidence informed CPD is designed to meet individual needs.
- Strong potential for career progression, including NPQs for those looking to move into middle & senior leadership.
- A strong support network both within the school and across Ambitions Academies Trust.
- An opportunity to be part of rapid school improvement, in time for the opening of our new build.
- A culture that respects work life balance and an ongoing commitment to wellbeing with a dedicated Wellbeing Champion. Free counselling sessions available to employees and their family with an external provider.
- Free eye testing every 2 years through Specsavers and a £49 voucher towards glasses if needed.
- Reduced corporate gym membership through BH Live.
- A competitive pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Further details about the role
Oak Academy is an 11-16 academy, perfectly placed within the community to deliver high quality teaching and learning. We are a rapidly improving academy, with a new principal in post since May 2022, who works proudly alongside both established and newly appointed colleagues, driven by the shared belief that every student has the right to learn, grow and achieve. It is this ethos that motivates all members of our community in improving the academic outcomes and life-chances of students. We value collaboration and open communication at all levels and see the relationship between parents, staff and students as crucial in our shared success.
It is an exciting time to join our Oak community, with rapidly growing student numbers, and a complete new build as part of the Governments School Rebuilding Programme. Plans are well advanced for a complete rebuild of the current site. We are delighted that staff and students will finally have the building they deserve, with a planned completion date of September 2024. We are looking for candidates to join us on this journey who are dynamic, passionate and ambitious, with a commitment to improving life chances of our students.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Oak Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 454 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Oak Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Oak Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole