||TMS1- UPS 3 (Ideal Opportunity for TMS Teacher)
Curriculum Enhancement Teacher
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Fixed Term to 31 August 2021
Start Date: January 2021
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
· For those students who have not taken a language at GCSE, we have put in place an alternative pathway which we call Curriculum Enhancement. This is designed to provide students with a range of practical skills as well as supporting them with some basic literacy and numeracy taught through project based units which offer something different and more practical for those students who would find an extra GCSE subject challenging,
Although we are restricted by the current situation, students will over the 3 year course, participate in a range of units including gardening, first aid, media and setting up a small business. There will be a range of collaborative and practical lessons which offer something different from the usual classroom-based activities they have experienced on GCSE courses. These lessons aim to provide basic numeracy and literacy support but all with a practical application and purpose.
· Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
· We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
· We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
· The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
Twitter: @FinhamPark Facebook: www.facebook/FinhamPark1
What you offer:
· Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
· An experienced teacher who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
· A team player.
How to Apply:
Click the apply button to complete an on line application form.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th November 2020 at 9am with interviews will be held on Monday 30th November 2020.
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
More on how to apply