Curriculum Leader - Computer Science
“Everyone should know how to programme a computer because it teaches you how to think” (Steve Jobs) and this is a philosophy we very much adhere to. This is a good school with great students and ambitious, talented staff, who aim to develop world class students who have the belief in themselves that anything is possible.
Computer Science is central to our curriculum and we value the role that this subject plays in our students’ education. The successful candidate will be joining a small but very enthusiastic curriculum area of subject specialists, who are keen to develop and grow. You will need to be able to teach Computer Science to A Level and teach ICT to KS4. Each teacher has their own designated classroom, complete with their own desktop PC, interactive whiteboard and visualiser. Key Stage 3 students cover a wider variety of computing projects. At Key Stage 4, we offer OCR Computer Science and Cambridge Nationals in Information Technologies. At KS5 we offer the OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical in IT.
We also have thriving extra-curricular activities including a robotics club and Cyberfirst competition. A number of our students are participants in Cyber Discovery, which is HM Government’s extracurricular programme.
Do you want to work in a school that?
• Places high importance on Computer Science and ICT and is keen to develop these subjects at GCSE and A-Level.
• Has a bespoke CPDL programme, described by Ofsted as “exemplary”
• Takes an evidence informed approach to school improvement, only implementing what we feel will make the biggest difference to the lives and outcomes of our young people, being mindful of staff workload and well-being.
• Is a key provider of initial teacher training in the local area, working with several local teaching schools and universities including the Astra Teaching School Alliance and the University of Oxford Deanery of Education.
Our staff tell us they genuinely feel like part of a team; a team who are striving to help each student flourish both academically and personally.
Our students and staff are keen to meet you and show off our super school, so why not come and visit before you apply? This post would suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher and we very much welcome interested candidates to contact us to arrange an informal visit.
The closing date for applications is 9.00 on Tuesday 25th February. Interviews will be organised by arrangement with applicants on application therefore potential candidates are advised to apply as early as possible or make informal enquiries for more information to: Please contact Hazel Baxter on 01273 729465 or email email@example.com to arrange a tour or if you would like to receive an application pack.
The Misbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An offer of appointment is subject to satisfactory references, DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Disclosure and medical clearance.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified teacher status
• Experience of teaching at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
• Teaching across the whole Secondary age range;
• Working in partnership with parents.
• Evidence of continued professional development
Essential skills and experience
• Subject expertise
• Establish and maintain high expectations for all students
• the theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies);
• the monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress;
• the statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEN and Child Protection;
About The Misbourne School
- Misbourne Drive, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, HP16 0BN
- The Misbourne School website (opens in a new window)