Art and design
Permanent, full time position.
Swale Academies Trust is seeking to appoint for September 2021, a Curriculum Leader for Art.
We are delighted to offer this post at The Eastbourne Academy.
The person appointed will be an energetic and inspirational classroom teacher, who is already, or has the potential to be an outstanding practitioner. The successful candidate will be required to lead the department through the planning and delivery of engaging lessons to a range of abilities and to ensure Art becomes a leading subject.
Appointed to the role of ‘Curriculum Leader for Art’, you will either be an experienced leader or will have the drive and determination to develop the skills to succeed in this role.
The successful candidate:
• Can provide outstanding quality learning and teaching in the department, modelling excellence in the classroom, evaluating the quality of teaching and standards of students’ achievement and setting targets for improvement has thorough knowledge and understanding of Art and the exam specifications to provide professional leadership and management for Art to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and high standards of learning and achievement for all students.
• Has thorough knowledge and understanding of Art.
• Have the vision and energy required to impact the continuous process of raising attainment in the department.
• Have a belief in the value and talents of all students.
• Can demonstrate creativity and flair in the classroom.
• Can enthuse and motivate students.
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
Applications should be sent to Mel Hopkins, Principal’s PA and HR Liaison, email@example.com . Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (option 2)
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details/application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Mr Darren Moore, at the school for an informal discussion regarding the post email@example.com and 01323 514900 x 318
If I am successful in gaining an interview, how will this occur during the current COVID-19 pandemic?
Due to the current situation we may plan to interview remotely using a video call. We would ensure that candidates who were successful in gaining an interview were supported with the technology so that this process is seamless. We will provide you with details of the process with your interview invite.
Our advice would be that those who were successful in gaining an interview should prepare as they would for a face to face and dress smart casual. We will allow plenty of time to ensure that you are able to answer our questions in full and you will not be judged if you are having problems with your technology.
We will leave plenty of opportunity for questions at the end of the interview, and we will spend lots of time talking and unpicking your answers. Please come prepared to share anything you’d like that we didn’t cover, or any questions you have about it. We really appreciate your adaptability in these unprecedented times.
Interview Date: Week Commencing 17th May 2021
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Headteacher: Ms Victoria Stevens
Applying for the job
Applications should be sent to Mel Hopkins, Principal's PA and HR Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.