Curriculum Leader for Design Technology
The Governors of this very successful Catholic High School wish to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Curriculum Leader for Design Technology (TLR 2.2: currently £4,656). This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious candidate of the highest calibre to lead our successful and very strong Design Technology Team.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who will be excited to lead a collaborative approach to continuous improvement across the department. This role will offer the successful candidate exciting challenges that will be both rewarding and fulfilling, and will support you to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations. We are seeking a colleague who has a proven track record and an ability to enthuse and motivate our pupils and colleagues to be all they can be.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent Design Technology teacher who is passionate about teaching, committed to working together and sharing ideas
- Have the knowledge and capacity to teach across the full age and ability range
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved
- Be able to lead and inspire a team of colleagues to continuously improve
- Be willing to go the extra mile for our pupils
Main responsibilities and purpose:
• To raise standards of student attainment and achievement across the department
• To monitor, support and be accountable for student progress and development across the department
• To develop and enhance the teaching practice of other members of the department
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students across the department
• To effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the department
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Recognised and relevant degree or equivalent
Evidence of appropriate personal and professional development
Essential skills and experience
Successful preparation of candidates for public exams.
To have completed three years successfully teaching Design Technology on appointment (desired).
Good CAD/CAM skills and good or developing construction skills.
We expect candidates to have fluid design skills both by hand and using CAD.
We are an ambitious department and want the very best for the youngsters in our care. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a commitment to change as well as the ability to take risks in moving forward. With these points in mind this post represents a huge opportunity to influence the direction of this school in the short and long term.
A sense of vision, enthusiasm and energy will be looked for as well as the abilities needed to develop a spirit of team work. As a Curriculum Leader, there must be an enthusiasm for, and commitment to, the teaching and development of all areas of Design Technology and Child Development.
TLR 2.2 £4656
About Cardinal Allen Catholic High School, Fleetwood
- Melbourne Avenue, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 8AY
- LA Maintained School
- Cardinal Allen Catholic High School, Fleetwood website (opens in a new window)