£25,714 - £41,604
We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a dynamic and innovative individual to join a thriving, fully inclusive and ambitious school..
We are looking for a Curriculum Leader of Physical Education who is focused, inspirational and committed to doing the very best for all our students. At Harrow Way we are passionate about sport! We are seeking an experienced and inspirational leader to implement a varied program of competitive sport and broader physical activity across the school, as well as taking responsibility for a PE curriculum that for many of our students leads to GCSE and NCFE Health and Fitness qualifications.
Sitting at the heart of our community, we are an energetic, proud and successful school. We are passionate about education and relentless in our pursuit of improved standards and outcomes. We believe that all children can achieve. Our aim is to develop well-balanced 16-year-olds, ready to go out into the wider world, to lead happy and fulfilling lives and to contribute, positively and generously. We place great importance on high quality relationships, teamwork and a ‘can do attitude’.
At Harrow Way we are a team. We collaborate, support and challenge each other. We take professional development very seriously and we recognise the importance of providing staff with pathways for career progression.
The successful candidate for this role will have responsibility for:
• Displaying outstanding leadership and management of the PE department (working with the Assistant Curriculum Leader for PE)
• Further raise the profile of sport and PE across the school.
• Improving sporting and PE opportunities and outcomes for all students
• Building strong links with local sports clubs and community sports organisations.
• Creating opportunities for school trips that enrich students’ passion for and participation in sport.
If you are a positive, reflective and determined leader we would very much like to hear from you.
Applying for the job
Application forms are available for download from the school website and should be forwarded to:
More on how to apply