Curriculum Leader History
This job expired on 23 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 5pm
10 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Historyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Term time
- Leadership L6 - L10
What skills and experience we're looking for
As an improving school, this is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher with a love of their subject to join St Francis Xavier’s College. We are seeking someone who can share their passion for History to our students and to inspire all students to have a love of History. If you have the vision and skills to deliver inspirational teaching whilst having the focus and drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached across the department then we’d love to hear from you.
St Francis Xavier’s College offers the opportunity to lead a subject that is passionate about achievement for all pupils, and where our fantastic students enjoy a dynamic and engaging curriculum. The History Department at the College is an outstanding team of professionals who achieve excellent results. We value challenge, active participation and motivation. The department is a positive, high achieving, forward thinking department who believes that every child can achieve in History.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach History across the ability and age range. It is essential that our Curriculum Leader is a highly effective teacher with an exceptional understanding of curriculum design, is supportive of others and openly shares best practice, modelling this with their team.
What the school offers its staff
In addition, we are looking for the following qualities in the successful applicant:
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications
- Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
- Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Francis Xavier's College
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1083 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Francis Xavier's College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0151 288 1000
St Francis Xavier’s College, Liverpool was founded in 1842 and is a Catholic Converter Academy with a co-educational Sixth Form with a strong academic tradition and 1000 pupils across KS3/4. The Sixth Form has strong collaborative links with partner schools across the city.
Arranging a visit to St Francis Xavier's College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Subject Leader of History & Religious Studies
Hillside High School
Breeze Hill, Bootle, Merseyside, L20 9NU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Liverpool and Merseyside