Curriculum Leader - Humanities
32 days remaining to apply
Start date details
1 May 2023 at 9am
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Humanitiesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
- View all Part timejobs - we welcome applications from staff seeking part-time employment.
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
Waltham Toll Bar Academy are looking to appoint a dynamic, proactive and knowledgeable Head of Humanities to lead a number of faculty areas at Waltham Toll Bar Academy. The successful applicant will line manage the curriculum leaders of History, Geography and CPHSE within the school and support SLT with the effective implementation of Humanities across the school. We strongly encourage applications from people wanting to progress into Senior Leadership roles within the future.
Humanities is a large faculty comprising of History, Geography, CPHSE, Politics, Law and Travel and Tourism. This role is a great opportunity for an experienced subject leader wishing to take a step up into a larger management role, working closely with SLT and impacting strategic decisions across a large department.
The successful applicant will:
- Enhance teaching and learning within all Humanities faculty areas.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership to impact whole-school change and drive forward standards.
- Line-manage the leadership teams of History, Geography, CPHSE, Law, Politics and Travel and Tourism.
- Lead and inspire a love of learning across Humanities.
- Lead the design and implementation of an outstanding curriculum across all Humanities subjects.
- Have the passion, drive, resilience and determination to see through change that benefits the lives of young people.
- Be committed to the professional development of staff to allow them to progress within the Academy.
- Be able to teach a Humanities subject at GCSE and A-Level.
- Make a full contribution to the wider personal development of our students at Waltham Toll Bar Academy.
What the school offers its staff
Our offer to you:
- A unique opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of students
- A highly skilled team to work with and well-resourced class rooms
- A fantastic community of parents and students who deserve the best
- High quality support and mentoring to ensure that you succeed
- Extensive training and development pathways
- Collaborative, collegial family approach to our work
- A positive environment with colleagues who care
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Waltham Toll Bar Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1960 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Waltham Toll Bar Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01472 502297
Waltham Tollbar Academy, Grimsby, is one of the largest secondary schools in the country, with a firm commitment to providing the best care and welfare of every member of our community. Our academy is a fantastic place to study and work; we are a forward thinking, outward facing, dynamic, Ofsted ‘OUTSTANDING’ school. We are incredibly proud of all that we have achieved and of our longstanding reputation for excellence. This is underpinned by a culture that is dynamic, creative and supports innovation at every level. We push for the very best to support the development of our staff and students. That is why our Academy is a vibrant learning community giving you the potential to accelerate both your teaching and leadership career. This is an exciting time for Waltham Toll Bar Academy with a new Chief Executive of the Trust and a new Headteacher of the school. The new Head is completely dedicated and committed to building even further on the great strengths the school has to ensure it plays a transformative role in the local community and beyond.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Grimsby and Lincolnshire and Lincoln