Curriculum Leader of ICT
An important appointment for the Academy, this is an excellent opportunity for a well-qualified, suitably experienced and enthusiastic teacher to develop their leadership skills in preparation for future leadership roles. We are seeking an inspiring curriculum leader to join our small ICT department from Easter 2020. You will be joining a team of staff at Whitley Academy with a relentless focus on raising attainment and successfully recruiting Y11 students to KS5 courses.
This would be a really exciting opportunity for either an experienced teacher or a current second in department, looking to join a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff. You will have strong subject knowledge and a proven track record of exemplary classroom practice In ICT together with the ability to lead teaching and learning in ICT, to think proactively and work collaboratively in delivering outstanding ICT experiences across the school. If you are someone who is able to demonstrate a creative approach to the delivery of the curriculum and strategies to enable all students to make or exceed their levels of progress, whilst promoting a love of learning in ICT, then we would like to hear from you.
Essential educational requirements
• Good first degree with ICT as the main strand.
• Further professional development.
• Involvement in CPD activities both as participant and facilitator.
• Substantial teaching experience with Secondary aged pupils in ICT
• Evidence of successful and varied experience in secondary schools.
• Evidence of involvement in the development of ICT curricula.
• Evidence of successful outcomes for students recently taught
• Qualified Teacher.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate must be:
- An excellent practitioner
- Passionate about teaching and learning in ICT as a discrete subject and across the curriculum
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and colleagues in their team,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning in the classroom.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, recently updated ICT facilities in a vibrant modern building, situated in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
- Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)