Teachers Pay Scale
Job Title: Curriculum Leader of MFL plus TLR 2.1 (£2,796)
Required: January 2021
Responsible to Deputy Headteacher
We are delighted to offer the opportunity to join St Cecilia’s RC High School, a popular and growing school in Lancashire’s Ribble Valley.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified practitioner with a proven track record of success to lead the MFL Department.
They will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a drive to improve the life chances of young people through education. The role is to develop and implement a successful well sequenced and interleaved curriculum which enables all students to make at least expected progress and provides an enjoyable learning experience for all that goes beyond school life.
The successful candidate will be joining a thriving and growing school which has recently been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in October 2019 and in September 2019 we welcomed 109 pupils for 93 places.
The Governors and Senior Leaders are committed to your professional learning with a culture of research and reading at the heart of what we do, including staff well-being and workload.
The successful candidate will be supported via a well-developed, bespoke professional learning package appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.
The successful applicant will be:
• Excellent practitioner
• Must be able to motivate, challenge and inspire pupils to succeed in MFL
• Be committed to improving the outcomes for all pupils
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Spanish specialist
• Have high expectations of themselves, the pupils and all other staff
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and improve practice in others
• Must be passionate about the MFL curriculum
• Up to date with relevant pedagogy and apply this to their teaching
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent
Deadlines for Application
• Closing Date Friday 25th September 2020
• Shortlisting Monday 5th October 2020
• Interviews Friday 16th October 2020
TLR 2.1 (current £2,792) subject to any pay award
Applying for the job
Please complete the Catholic Education Services form.
No other forms will be accepted.
Completed forms should be emailed to:
School Business Manager
Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic
415 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About St Cecilia's RC High School
A popular and growing Catholic High School on the edge of Lancashire's Ribble Valley.
Arranging a visit to St Cecilia's RC High School
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, or tour of school, please contact 01772 783074 Option 2 or telephone 07375 324661
Chapel Hill, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 2XA