- MPS / UPS
D&T Teacher (Engineering) job summary
with an interest in delivering
Engineering in Key Stage 4
MPS/UPS Full Time
To start 01.09.2022
"Sir John Thursby Community College continues to be a good school. Staff enjoy working at this school.
The pupils that we spoke to told us that they feel safe at school. They have good relationships with staff and they are well cared for. Senior leaders are determined to make the school better for pupils and staff.”
Ofsted January 2020.
At SJT we value and care for all our staff and take staff well-being seriously. This is reflected in our generous 18% non -contact PPA time that we give to all our staff and in our commitment to reduce marking and planning workload.
This post would suit a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic about Design Technology and Engineering to work in our forward thinking and well-resourced Design and Technology Department.
The ideal candidate will:
• bring energy, fresh ideas and an expertise to an experienced and successful team with their delivery of Product Design at Key Stage 3 and 4
• demonstrate a clear understanding of the latest developments with the Key Stage 3 and 4 Design and Technology curriculum
• have the flexibility to teach across different subjects at Key Stage 3
• have the potential to teach the Engineering vocational course in Key Stage 4
• help to raise the profile of Design and Technology by taking the initiative to actively deliver extra-curricular activities
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to our work and benefit from an excellent environment, where teachers are encouraged to progress their careers with us. Our state of the art building ensures that our students and staff have the best learning environment in which to achieve. SJT is a very positive community, with our recent staff survey showing that over 97% of our staff enjoy coming to work and are proud to be part of our school. At SJT we view the professional development of all staff as a priority and our innovative ‘Learn Together’ initiative enables all staff to be on our outstanding teacher programme.
We are looking for a teacher who shares our drive and passion to inspire our students with their love of their subject and the motivation to ensure every student achieves through:
• Outstanding classroom practice and an ability to engage all young people.
• A commitment to contribute to our enrichment programme
• The ability to motivate students of all abilities to achieve their full potential.
• A passion and commitment to raise standards and achievement.
• The ability to work and contribute as part of a team.
• Commitment, resilience, patience, hard work and a good sense of humour.
• The willingness to do what it takes to achieve a goal.
The successful candidate will fully embrace our ethos of ‘Belong, Believe Achieve’ whilst bringing fresh ideas that will build on current strengths and achievements. We welcome application from applicants at all stages of their career.
Further details and application form are available from the college website or Irene Hayhurst (on behalf of the Headteacher) as detailed below.
For application information please:
• download from the ‘vacancies’ section on the college website: www.sirjohnthursby.lancs.sch.uk
• or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• or telephone 01282 682313
Send your completed Application form to: email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 17th May 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 25th May 2022
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sir John Thursby Community College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 1129 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Mainstream, Foundation, LA maintained, 11-16 Secondary School.
Sir John Thursby Community College is a mixed 11-16, multi-cultural, fully inclusive college which values all students, staff and our community partners. We have over 1,000 students on roll and over 150 staff enjoying working together to provide the best for everyone.
In 2016 Ofsted rated us GOOD in all areas. Our facilities are exceptional for 21st Century learning.