Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Outer London Pay Scale £29k - £45k
We are looking to recruit a teacher of Dance (NQT or experienced) to cover a period of maternity leave within our PE and Dance Department.
The successful applicant will report to the Subject Leader for PE and be responsible for the development, co-ordination, planning and delivery of Dance lessons in the school across KS3-5.
This includes the teaching of GCSE and A Level Dance classes and oversight for Dance elements of the KS3 PE provision.
The ability to teach some PE alongside Dance would be beneficial but is not essential.
Candidates should hold a teaching qualification in Dance and must be able to teach GCSE and A Level examination classes.
Knowledge and experience in a range of styles including Ballet, Tap, Modern, Jazz, Hip-hop, Street Dance, Contemporary and Dance from other cultures; together with creative vision would also be of benefit.
Applying for the job
Further information and an application form can be found on the school website www.cheam.sutton.sch.uk. Applicants may prefer to use the TES application form; this is an acceptable alternative.More on how to apply
2010 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Cheam High School
Cheam High School is oversubscribed and highly successful school which has an innovative and proactive approach to school improvement, resulting in high levels of performance.
The successful candidate will be:
• Ambitious for young people and for themselves
• Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
• Keen to continually develop their practice, sharing what works best with their team
• An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students
What we can offer you:
• You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing.
• You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
• You will benefit from our well-established programme of training and development
• You will be working with students who are enthusiastic and keen to succeed
• You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming, and a staffroom social committee that organises various events as well as regular Friday evening sporting sessions for those with energy!
The school is situated in Cheam, 30 minutes’ train journey from London Victoria and a short distance from Surrey, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Chatsworth Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 8PW